We are now accepting submissions for the launch issue of The Curious Element Magazine, an online magazine.
All writers and visual artists are welcome to submit, regardless of age, whether you’ve been published, or whether you’ve tried your hand at the craft before. We encourage everyone to have a go and submit.
Please read all information before submitting.
We accept submissions in the following categories:
Shortform non-fiction – reviews, commentary, op-ed, essays, Q&As – less than 2,500 words.
Longform non-fiction – essays, memoir, reportage, interviews – 2,500-7,500 words.
Fiction – 12,000 words maximum.
Art. – Illustrations, paintings, hand lettering, drawings, etc.
Photo essays and short videos.
Photographs for use on the cover and throughout the magazine.
- Send your submission to email@example.com by Friday, 14 April 2017. Be sure to put the category of your submission in the subject.
- We accept submissions by email only.
- There are no limits on the number of submissions per person.
- Simultaneous submissions are acceptable. Please email us as soon as your work is accepted elsewhere. And please let us know where it has been accepted so we can congratulate and celebrate you!
- Unfortunately, monetary payment is not available for accepted work, as this is a brand new publication that makes no money. You are paid by having your name and your work in print – both in the online magazine and on the website. You will also be given the opportunity to join The Curious Element Writer’s Club for free.
- Pitches are welcome, though full manuscripts are preferred.
- We are only interested in original, unpublished manuscripts. Your work must not have been published elsewhere, including on your personal website or blog.
- Submit your work in a word document.
- You are welcome to submit a play that has been performed before, but not published. Published plays gives the rights of performance to the reader.
- The Curious Element will hold exclusive rights (on the Internet) to your piece for 90 days, after which you will retain the rights. Your piece will remain online.
- Please allow at least two weeks for a response.
- By submitting your work, you agree to the above terms.
- Any questions? Let us know!